Location: Towcester, Northamptonshire
Package: £35,000–£50,000 per year (depending on experience), full-time, permanent
We have an exciting opportunity based in Towcester, Northamptonshire, for a Binary Data Analyst. It would suit an experienced, enthusiastic candidate who enjoys solving complex puzzles through pattern matching and low-level analysis of binary data sets.
Stone Ram is a young, vibrant software development and support company that specialises in data recovery, assessment, migration tools and methodologies for enterprise backup applications. It works on engagements throughout the world from its UK office.
To succeed in this role, you must be passionate about technology, be able to pay good attention to detail, and have an excellent work ethic.
You’ll be part of the development team working closely with analysts, designers and other staff. Most of the time you'll work a 37–40-hour week, but you might have to put in longer hours when there are deadlines to be met. This could mean working the occasional evening or weekend.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Examining archived data files, detecting the file type and identifying the content and structure, including extended headers and attributes
- Meeting programming standards by following production, productivity and quality standards, identifying work process improvements, and implementing new technology
- Maintaining accurate records of the development process, changes and results
- Educated to degree level
- Proficient in Assembly and various software languages (C,C++, C#)
- Excellent pattern-matching skills
- Experience in low-level data recovery (data retrieval)
- Familiarity with archive data formats (including TAR, MTF, OTF and others)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written English)
Applying for this position:
---- No recruitment agencies, please ----