Location: Towcester, Northamptonshire
Package: £40,000—£50,000 a year + car allowance, full-time, permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work in an innovative and dynamic software company. The role involves hands-on solution design and solution delivery.
To succeed in this role you need to be passionate about enterprise technology, be able to pay excellent attention to detail, and have a strong work ethic.
Stone Ram is a young, vibrant software development and support company that specialises in recovery, assessment, and migration tools and methodologies for enterprise backup applications. It works on engagements throughout the world from its UK office.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Providing consultancy services, either in person at a customer’s location or remotely from our offices in Northamptonshire
- Delivering customer workshops and creating project scopes and statements of work
- Creating high-level solution designs or writing high-level solution proposals
- Providing technical support to partner consultants around the globe when performing backup migrations, using the tools and methodologies we have created
- Performing backup environment assessments and reviewing assessments for our customers and partners
- Providing knowledge and product-specific technical expertise to assist the development team, assisting with building and testing environments used for QA testing
- You must be willing to provide ‘on call’ cover to support our global partners
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of seven years’ experience working with enterprise backup products
- Good virtualisation experience, ideally with VMWare ESXi exposure
- Experience of backing up, MS SQL, MSCS, Exchange, Share Point, Oracle, VMWare and Hyper-V
- Proven troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Experience in scripting using one of the following (PowerShell, Perl, Shell (bash, csh, sh, etc.))
- You must be a good communicator at all levels
Applying for this position:
---- No recruitment agencies, please ----