Location: Towcester, Northamptonshire.
Package: £35,000 - £50,000 a year (Depending on Experience) - Full-time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work in an innovative and dynamic Software Company. The ideal candidate will have some development background and the ability to read C or C++ with extensive knowledge of two or more enterprise backup products.
We have an exciting opening for an Enterprise Backup Data Analyst based in Towcester, Northamptonshire. We are looking for an experienced, passionate, enthusiastic candidates, that enjoys solving complex puzzles through pattern matching and low level analysis of binary data sets.
Stone Ram is a young, vibrant Software Development Company that Specialists in Recovery, Assessment and Migration tools and methodologies for Enterprise Backup applications. We provide tools, support and consultancy services globally from our UK based office,
To succeed in this role you need to be passionate about technology, have good attention to detail and a good work ethic.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Providing Backup Consultancy services (Design, Implementation, Upgrades, Migrations)
- Examining archived data files, detecting the file type, identifying the content and structure including extended headers and attributes.
- Assisting the development team working closely with analysts, designers and other development staff.
- Meet programming standards by following production, productivity and quality standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
- Most of the time you'll work a 40 hour week, but you might have to put in longer hours when there are deadlines to be met. This could mean the odd evening or weekend.
- Keeping accurate records of the development process, changes and results
- Educated to Degree Level.
- Experience and ability to read software languages (C,C++)
- Excellent Pattern Matching Skills
- Experienced in low level data recovery (data retrieval).
- Experience of at least two Enterprise Backup Products (Networker, DataProtector, NetBackup)
- Understanding of backup integrations with Microsoft products (SQL, SharePoint, Exchange)
- Familiarity with archive data formats such as ( TAR, MTF, OTF and others).
- Proficiently able to communicate in English.
- Experience of working in a support environment would also be a benefit.
Applying for this Position:-
---- No recruitment agencies please ----
Application closing date 12th June 2017
To apply for this position please send an Email and copy of your CV before the closing date.