- Disaster recovery (DR): invoking policies/procedures to enable the recovery or continuation of systems and services following a disaster
- Data recovery: retrieving data that has been accidentally or maliciously lost or corrupted.
Disaster recovery can be provided using availability solutions for vital components that require the greatest up-time. For less critical areas of the IT environment, data recovery can be applied to restore online services.
Backing up data is an essential insurance policy. If the original data is lost, deleted or corrupted, information can be recovered from your backup files.
The backed-up data is only as good as your ability to recover it. Having 99.999% backup success rate is no use when you need to recover data, and the recovery doesn't work.
Stone Ram’s services include:
- the design and implementation of availability solutions
- the design and implementation of backup solutions
- Catalog backup repairs – to ensure backed-up data can be recovered
- backup data recovery from disks or tapes where there is no catalog or where there’s been a long run of failed or incomplete backups
- providing on-demand support for enterprise backup products.
Please contact us to arrange a discussion with one of our specialists.