The launch of Tranzman will remove some of the expense and skills-drain of migrating to a new backup solution. Tranzman automates the migration and acts as a storage server so you can access backed-up data by converting its format when you restore or duplicate it.
“Tranzman should reduce the cost and the list of things you need to contemplate a backup migration. It’ll be more affordable and will therefore give organisations the mobility they need to move on to new and more efficient backup technology when they want to, rather than when they’re forced to,” said Simon Brown, founder of Stone Ram, who has been leading Tranzman’s development.
Developments to date
1. Development started
2. Creation of SRL recorder, a data collection tool vital to obtaining data for analysis
3. Launched MigrateAssess, an online evaluation portal to assess NetBackup to NetBackup migrations using Veritas NetBackup Manipulation tools
4. Completed the prototype of the Tranzman NetBackup to NetBackup migration tool
5. Completed the prototype of Tivoli Storage Manager to NetBackup Tranzman migration tool
6. Release candidates of Tranzman solutions for the following migrations will become available:
a. NetBackup to NetBackup
b. Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) to NetBackup
c. Backup Exec to NetBackup
7. Release candidates of Tranzman for the following origins will become available:
a. Veeam to NetBackup
b. Commvault to NetBackup
8. Release candidates of Tranzman for the following will become available:
a. Networker to NetBackup
b. TSM to Veeam
c. Commvault to Veeam
d. Networker to Veeam
e. NetBackup to Veeam
f. Backup Exec to Veeam
9. Subject to demand, we will be working on Tranzman solutions for migrations to:
Exciting, isn't it?
Click here to be part of it.